Tuesday, April 25th at 10:30am – Story Time
Story Time for babies, toddlers, and their caregivers is held in the children’s story room, led by Early Childhood Educator, Hilary Virgil. Story Time for preschoolers will be held in the community room and led by guest teacher Maureen Wallace. Story Time is held every Tuesday from mid-September through July, unless otherwise closed for a holiday or emergency.
April 9 th -15 th was National Library Week—a time to celebrate libraries and all the staff and volunteers who keep things running smoothly! As part of this celebration, we wanted to share a brief update on some of our Library services and resources.
Did you know:
- We have a collection of American Girl dolls available to borrow along with extra doll clothes for dress up, the corresponding books from the American Girl collection, and historical information about Hamilton from the same time period that each doll represents.
- Passes to Stone Quarry Art Park are available to borrow too! A great opportunity for a quick day trip for yourself or to share with out-of- town guests.
- Our Wowbrary service provides email alerts updating you on the newest materials as they are added to our collection! To sign up, all you need to do is go to our website and click the & “Get New Book Alerts” tab on the top navigation menu, and provide your e-mail address.
- When you sign up for your first library card through our library (at any age) you’ll also receive a coupon for free ice-cream from Maxwell’s!
- Not finding something you want or need within our Library System? Just ask our friendly circulation staff; we can try to order materials for you from outside our Library System if need be.
- If you’d like some extra help keeping track of your library materials, you can contact the Mid York Library System to sign up for their email alerts. Emails will let you know if a book you’ve requested is available for you to pick up, and remind you a few days in advance that your materials are coming due.
- You can use your library card to login to your Mid York Library System account online to renew your materials, and even pay overdue fines by credit card at your convenience.
Don’t forget about our other wonderful in-house services and resources too—books, magazines, newspapers, music CDs, movies, reference materials and maps, public access computers with high-speed Internet, free wi-fi, copying, scanning, faxing, art exhibits, special programs and events, weekly story time, local history museum and files from the Historical Commission, quiet spaces for tutoring, space to reserve for your group meetings and events, and more! Just visit us online, call or stop by the Library to find out more about our many services and resources.
Additional information about Library resources, programs and policies, as well as access to our online services, is available through the Library website http://midyorklib.org/hamilton/. From the website, you can also sign up for our listserv and Wowbrary notices to receive emails about general Library news and newly added materials in our collections! Follow us on Facebook for up-to- date information about programs, special events, and other general Library-related information http://www.facebook.com/HPL.books.
The Library is normally open Monday-Friday, 10am to 7pm, and Saturday, 10am to 1pm. Please visit or call the Library (315) 824-3060 during these hours for assistance. The book drop at the front of the building is always available for your convenience.