(Morrisville, NY – Jan. 2013) Join Sue Greenhagen Friday, Jan. 18, at 6:30 p.m. for her Magical History tour. She will share with us how Morrisville 100 years ago was in many ways the same village it is now, but with some differences that are startling. Come and be surprised.
Kiddies Korner will meet again Tuesday, Jan. 22, at 9:30 a.m. to hear stories about dinosaurs. If you can’t make that day, join us Jan. 29 to hear all about dogs and puppies.
Come learn Tai Chi Chuan with Morrisville State College Professor William S. Snyder Monday, Jan. 28, at 6:30 p.m. He will be doing this class free every Monday, so teens and adults, this is your chance to learn this and have fun.
If you cannot make that day, he will be here again Monday, Feb. 4.
Our next lunch book talk will be Feb. 8 at 12:15 p.m. The book being discussed is Tea Obreht’s The Tiger’s Wife. Copies can be picked up now.
Don’t forget our Annual Canned Food Drive for the Morrisville Food Pantry going on now; please help us make it better than last year. Not only will you be making a generous contribution to our food pantry, but for every item you donate, we will take a $1 off your outstanding fines.
We will be closed Monday, Jan. 21, to observe Martin Luther King, Jr., Day. We will reopen Tuesday at 10 a.m.
* We will be closed Monday, Feb. 18, in observation of President’s Day.
* RSVP, with the support of the Morrisville Public Library, will offer free income tax preparation for seniors 60 years and older. RSVP volunteers will provide free income tax services Feb. 1 through April 15. Volunteers are certified by the IRS to complete your tax forms. Call RSVP at 315.684.3001 ext. 100 to sign up for your appointment to have your tax returns filed free of charge.
* Come learn Tai Chi Chuan for free with instructor Bill Snyder. Classes will be held Mondays, Feb. 4, 11 and 25 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
* Kiddies Korner: Bring the little ones Tuesday, Feb. 5 from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. and read about birds.
* Bring your lunch and join us for a book talk Friday, Feb. 8, at 12:15 p.m. We will be discussing the book, “The Tiger’s Wife,” by Tea Obreht. Books can be picked up anytime at the circulation desk.
* Kiddies Korner: Bring the little ones Tuesday, Feb. 12, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. for ‘Books I Love.’
* Movie Night: Bring the family for popcorn and a movie Friday, Feb. 15, at 6 p.m. We will be showing Hotel Transylvania.
* Kiddies Korner: Bring the little ones Tuesday, Feb. 19, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. and read about monsters.
* Book Talk: Join us as we talk about the book “Life of Pi” by Yann Martel Wednesday, Feb. 20, at 6:30 p.m. Copies can be picked up at the beginning of January at the circulation desk.
* Kiddies Korner: Bring the little ones Tuesday, Feb. 26, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. and read about bears.