Local libraries and staff members named 2018 CLRC Library award winners
The Central NY Library Resources Council is happy to announce the winners of its 2018 CLRC Library Awards, which are in their third year.
These awards are open to libraries, archives, museums and their staff in Onondaga, Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties. This year’s winners are as follows:
- Public Library of the Year: Baldwinsville Public Library
- School Library of the Year: Herkimer Elementary School Library Media Center
- Academic Library of the Year: SUNY Upstate University Health Sciences Library
- Public Library Staff All-Star: Anne Debraggion, Director at Kirkland Town Library
- School Library Staff All-Star: Tina Nabinger, Teacher Librarian at East Syracuse-Minoa Elementary School
- Academic Library Staff All-Star: Abigail Smith, SUNY Upstate Medical University Health Sciences Library
Winners were presented with their awards – banners for Library of the Year and gift cards and plaques for the Library Staff All-Stars – and honored at CLRC’s annual meeting Oct. 25 at Vernon Downs. For more information about the Library Awards nomination process, visit clrc.org/awards/.
Nominations for the awards are solicited each year from library patrons and staff. Winners are selected by a panel of Judges who do not work or live within the four counties of the CLRC service area. “We want our Judges to be impartial and choose the winners based on the merit of their nominations.” said Marc Wildman, CLRC Executive Director.
The CLRC is one of nine New York state library councils dedicated to helping libraries, museums and archives with resource sharing, professional development, and much more. Visit clrc.org.