Five New York Air National Guardsman at EADS Receive New Ranks
Maj. Gen. Raymond F. Shields, the Adjutant General for the State of New York, announces the recent promotion of five members of the New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group in recognition of their capability for additional responsibility and leadership.
The 224th ADG, composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron and 224th Support Squadron, provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s mission.
Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command, the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
Promoted Airmen are:
• Kathleen Bielecki, Rome, to the rank of Technical Sergeant. Bielecki is a weapons director at the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
• Timothy Deckard, Cicero, to the rank of Technical Sergeant. Deckard is an interface control technician with the 224th ADS.
• Bryan Norman, Oneida, to the rank of Technical Sergeant. Norman is Security Forces journeyman at the 224th Support Squadron.
• Sullivan Derrick, Lee Center, to the rank of Staff Sergeant. Derrick is an identification technician at the 224th ADS.
• Amanda Nazar, Bronx, to the rank of Senior Airman. Nazar is a source intelligence analyst at the 224th ADS.
Air National Guard promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential. These promotions additionally recognize the best qualified Airmen and attract and retain the highest caliber Citizen Soldiers for a career in the New York Air National Guard.