For the month of November, the Madison County Rural Health Council has been holding its second annual hat and mitten drive to bring warmth and comfort to children and adults in need of new hats and mittens this winter season.
“We started our hat and mitten drive to support Madison County families in our rural community during the cold winter months,” said Executive Director Christine Paul. “Last year, we were amazed by the generosity of community members donating both brand new and handmade hats, mittens and scarves. We were able to provide the donations to local service organizations and make direct donations to community members in need.”
Donations are being accepted through Dec. 2, 2022, to bins at various locations throughout Madison County, including:
- Cazenovia Community Fitness: 4157 Midstate Lane, Cazenovia
- DeRuyter Free Library: 735 Utica Street, DeRuyter
- Hamilton Public Library: 13 Broad Street, Hamilton
- Morrisville Public Library: 84 E. Main Street, Morrisville
- Sullivan Free Library: 101 Falls Blvd, Chittenango
- Oneida Public Library: 459 Main Street, Oneida
Those wishing to donate are asked to stop by any of the locations listed above during normal business hours by Friday, Dec. 2.
For more information, contact Stephanie at the Madison County Rural Health Council at 315.313.4399 or email@example.com.