New York State Office of General Services Commissioner RoAnn M. Destito today announced that OGS is hitting the road with a series of free training seminars meant to familiarize local governments, schools, and nonprofit organizations across the state with the use of new state contracts. The all-day training is scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 31 in the Utica State Office Building.
“At OGS we have been working on a series of new and innovative contracts that will benefit both New York State agencies and our local contract users,” Commissioner Destito said. “These training opportunities are being held throughout the state as well as online and are designed to benefit purchasing officials at BOCES, SUNY schools, fire districts, towns, villages, cities, counties, and not-for-profits that use state contracts to buy goods and services.”
During the event, purchasing officials will receive a general overview on how to use new OGS contracts, including:
- The eMarketplace where contract users can buy commodities such as green cleaning products, office supplies, recycled paper, and more online.
- The new online Vehicle Marketplace and Truck Marketplace, which allow contract users to buy the vehicles they want while supporting local dealers across the state.
- Project Based IT Services, or P-BITS, provides information technology (IT) consulting services that can range from the development of proprietary software and training to project management and support.
- The IT Umbrella gives contract users the ability to buy IT products and the professional services needed to install and operate those products, including cloud services.
Schedule for Utica
Utica State Office Building, 207 Genesee Street, Utica.
- 10:30 a.m. to noon – general information, Vehicle Marketplace, & eMarketplace.
- 1 to 4 p.m. – new information technology (IT) contracts.
To register for the training or learn more about upcoming training opportunities visit www.nyspro.ogs.ny.gov/roadshow.