More than $110,000 in grants awarded to nonprofits in Madison County

More than $110,000 in grants awarded to nonprofits in Madison County

The Central New York Community Foundation awarded $113,858 in grants to three nonprofit organizations serving Madison County.

Earlville Free Library received $18,858 to create a new children’s area, computer laboratory and teen lounge. The designated space will enhance the library’s ability to provide customized materials and services to children and youth. The Earlville Free Library offers opportunities for learning to residents of all ages through family-friendly programming and events.

Earlville Opera House received $20,000 to purchase a new heating system that will allow the theater to run its programming year-round. The new programming offered during the colder months will serve an additional 2,000 patrons per year. The organization promotes the arts in rural Central New York by offering programs of cultural, educational and historical significance while preserving the architectural and historic integrity of its second-story theater constructed in 1892.

Oneida Healthcare Center received $75,000 to expand its outpatient radiology facility, giving patients access to various health services in one location. The expanded facility will provide infusion therapy, an onsite pharmacy, physician exam rooms, a cancer resource center and a conference room. The Center provides a number of acute care inpatient and outpatient services in its 101 bed facility along with a 24 hour emergency department, birthing center, operating rooms and ICU beds.

“We are excited to be funding three nonprofit organizations serving Madison County during this grant round,” said Robyn Smith, program officer at the Central New York Community Foundation. “The grants will enhance the lives of Madison County residents through improved healthcare, library upgrades and year round theater performances.” To learn more about future grant opportunities, please visit cnycf.org.

These grants were awarded from the following charitable funds administered by the Community Foundation:

Shirley M. Aubrey Fund, Harry and Helen Barnes Jewell Fund, William D. Barnet Memorial Scholarship Fund, Carriage House Foundation Fund, Charles F. Brannock Fund, Coon Fund, Community Fund, J. Henry & Martha E. DeBoer Fund, John F. Marsellus Fund, The Martha Fund, J. Daniel & Diane Pluff Fund, Tiny Rubenstein Animal Welfare Fund, Donald W. Ryder Fund, Dorothy R. Shoudy Memorial Hearing Impaired Fund, Small Grants Fund and the William & Mary L. Thorpe Charitable Fund.

Established in 1927, the Central New York Community Foundation encourages local philanthropy by supporting the growth of permanent charitable endowments for the betterment of the region. The Community Foundation is the largest charitable foundation in the region with assets of more than $226 million. It awarded $14 million in grants last year to nonprofit organizations. Since its inception, it has invested nearly $170 million in the community. The Community Foundation serves as the steward of charitable legacies for individuals, families and businesses through the administration of more than 700 funds. The organization also serves as a civic leader, convener and sponsor of special initiatives designed to strengthen local nonprofits and address the region’s most pressing challenges.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.