(Madison County, NY – April 20, 2014) Senator David J. Valesky (D-Oneida) will join Madison County officials on Earth Day, April 22 at 11 a.m. at the Village of Hamilton DPW, 18 Milford St., to kick-off a series of six e-recycling collection events. The events are designed to bring attention to the New York State Electronics Recycling & Reuse Act by encouraging residents to properly dispose of their unwanted TVs and computer monitors that contain cathode ray tubes (CRTs).
Proper disposal of unwanted electronics is one way that we can all help to preserve our environment,” Valesky said. “Old TVs and computer monitors with CRTs often contain toxic substances such as leaded glass and mercury. I encourage everyone to take advantage of these recycling events to safely get rid of their unused electronics.”
Also attending will be Assemblyman William Magee, Madison County Board of Supervisors Chairman John Becker, Madison County Department of Solid Waste Director James A. Zecca, Madison County Solid Waste Committee Chairman James Goldstein, and representatives from the Town of Hamilton and Madison County.
Subsequent collection events will be held:
· Monday, April 28, Morrisville Highway Dept., 35 Cedar St., Morrisville
· Saturday, May 3, Cazenovia Highway Dept., Constine Bridge Rd., Cazenovia
· Monday, May 5, Canastota DPW, 424 Canal St., Canastota
· Monday, May 12, Sheriff’s Dept. Parking Lot, Wampsville
· Monday, May 19, Chittenango DPW, Legion Dr., Chittenango
All collection times are 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. There is no charge to drop off items.