- Criminal Mischief 2nd degree, a class “D” felony
- Criminal Mischief 3rd degree, a class “E” felony
- Reckless Endangerment, a class “A” misdemeanor
- Unlawful Fleeing a Police Officer, a class “A” misdemeanor
- Resisting Arrest, a class “A” misdemeanor
- Aggravated DWI, a felony (.15% bac)
- numerous V&T violations, including speeding
At approximately 5:15pm, Jefferson County 911 alerted Oswego County of a reported erratic driver southbound on I-81. Trooper Todd Hall, who was operating radar in a U-turn, spotted a vehicle matching the description of the suspect vehicle passing him in the Town of Mexico. Hall attempted to stop Sikes, however Sikes refused to comply. Sikes continued southbound on I-81 and exited the highway in Central Square. He finally stopped his vehicle on County Route 12a near Walmart but not before striking an Oswego County Sheriffs vehicle. The deputy was not injured.
Sikes was subsequently taken into custody without incident. He was transported to Oswego Hospital for minor injuries. Sikes will be arraigned on the listed charges upon his release from the hospital.